Sunday, August 30, 2015

book review | apartment therapy: complete and happy home

It's not how a house looks that makes it truly complete and happy, but remodeling and redecorating is a hobby that Grant and I share and this book was so fun to look through together! It actually contains a lot of really helpful basic house information that I would have loved to have read through before starting to buy houses (now that we have bought and sold several...) Those were probably the sections of the book that I found the most beneficial.

The actual pictures were not super inspirational for me, except to remind me that it is, indeed, ok for our house to look like "us" - there aren't a lot of limiting guidelines out there governing what is and isn't appropriate house decorating anymore. It's pretty much - if it works for you, go for it! It was fun to get that extra reassurance that it is ok to go ahead and paint my kitchen/dining/living room blue, green, and red...

This is a really fun "coffee table" book and also a great resource for anyone starting into a home buying or remodeling project. Other than the fact that the average person doesn't have quite the funding to make their houses look like these, it is decently practical and relevant.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment