Friday, September 11, 2015

fitly framed together

She says she'll have cereal for a snack. Then I realize that she actually only meant the "charms", not the luckies".

He says he remembered his Spanish notebook! Then I realize he forgot his pencil, planner, Spanish workbook AND his chromebook. Oh and wait, that's actually his science notebook. Can he go get his Spanish one? (Don't you miss middle school?)

I say it'll only take me three hours in Peoria. Then I realize that if you spend an hour driving in circles, and have two toddlers with me, AND decide to go to the Health Department, it will take me longer - like, six hours. And I will leave with my previously formed opinion of the Health Department unchanged.

So honestly, the week has been pretty average. Two steps forward, one step back.

It was comforting to read in Ephesians 2 today: "Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit." (Ephesians 2:19-22)

I'm at home. This is life. All the pieces of it are scattered all over the place, just like I found Ivory and Titus's blocks yesterday on the front porch, but at the same time - I am fitly framed together by God. And growing. Not complete, and definitely not the cornerstone. But by grace - through the Spirit - I am a fellowcitizen with the saints and a habitation of God.

Glory to Him alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment