Friday, September 25, 2015

book review | through a man's eyes

I'm really glad I read "Through a Man's Eyes". The phrase "men are visual" is overused and under-explained and this helped me understand how to be a better and more supportive wife, mother, and sister-in-Christ to the men in my life.

Around the time I started reading this I was seeing and hearing a lot of thoughts and heated feelings about dress codes - specifically in schools. A lot of women feel it's not their responsibility to help the guys around them stay pure in their thoughts. I guess for those who aren't Christians I can see why people would feel that way. But if you are a Christian woman, there is no getting around God's commandments not to be a stumbling block to others - nor can we deny that God doesn't want us defining ourselves or flaunting ourselves through our clothing choices. This book not only helped me think through my own stance on modesty but also caused me to more fully appreciate the efforts my husband is making to keep himself pure.

"Through a Man's Eyes" addresses a lot of issues that I haven't seen brought up a lot of other places and offers good perspectives and insights. Overall I felt the book could have been a little bit better researched or biblically-based - as it's a little bit just like a collection of stories, thoughts, and experiences - like someone went to a computer and wrote down everything they knew about the subject. That could be good - and this is decent - but I felt like the quality could have been a little higher. That said, it was a valuable read that has really honestly changed my views on men, modesty, and the world around me in general.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment